Monday 21 April 2014

Principal of Design (week 2, exercise 1)

10th April 2014 (week 2)
Chia Kha Wen 0319625
Introduction to Principal of Design.

  First lesson from Miss Maslisa. During the lesson, she gave a lecture about the course (Principal of design) in a sub title <Who am I>. She said that on her assignment must to be neat and clean work. After she introduce herself, she called us to introduce ourself. At the same time, she gave us an exercise on how are we going to introduce ourself.

   There's two exercise she gave us. First exercise is we have to draw a mind map about ourself on a A3 size paper. Second exercise is do a self portrait by using nature material on A3 size paper. Such as leaf, flowers, dried branches, rubbish and more. The time duration for this 2 exercise that she gave us is 2 hours and 30 minutes, and then made a presentation in front of the class. After she had announce all the details, me and my coursemates went out class to get those materials that we need for our exercise.

   We went to the bookstore to get some A3 size paper and Uhu gum. On the way we going back to design room, we picked up some leaf, flowers and dried branches for our portrait. It took us around 30 minutes. After that we went back to design room to do our exercise. During the process, I had put to much time on my mind map, just left a few minute for my portrait.

   When Miss Maslisa called my name for presentation, I was very nervous because I'm shy in presentation in front of class. I though I will be mess up on my presentation, but not! I'm doing well and better then last time. Its great to know that I can solve this problem and getting braver. After all of my coursemate's presentation, Miss Maslisa gave us an assignment. On that assignment, we need to do a research about art movement, find the types that suit our personality, sketch 3 of them, and type into blog as an ePortfolio.

   During the procedure of the assignment, I found that there are nearly hundreds type of it and it is hard to find the types that suit my personality. Because I dun know my self well. After searching most of it, I had decided choose Danish Golden Age. The reason I choose this is because those art took on a new period creativity catalysed by romanticism from Germany although copenhagen had suffered from fires, bombardment and national bankruptcy. It reminds me the hard time during high school facing the presure of SPM. I'm a sub science student, my academic result are bad, but if you asked me question I can answered it smoothly, but I cannot apply it in paper or list form, dun know why. Enroll into university is the main turning point for me. It represent my future what I'm going to do, in return or a responsibility of a child to parents. After 7 months I'm turning in to 18, an adult. Its time to change into I raise my parents, not they raise me anymore. They need to take a rest and enjoy life. These for me it delegate the Golden Age of me.

 My mind map XD just a part of me ^^. This is my first sketch of mind map, still in practise ><
Miss Maslisa said my mind map looks so happy =D

Portrait of myself. As you can see it is simple, because not enough time. 
Miss Maslisa said that I should have a time management. ><

No comments:

Post a Comment